TANSY Scientific Name:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Strongly aromatic erect perennial with dark green pinnate leaves, divided into toothed leaflets.
- Bears clusters or yellow button like flowers in late summer and autumn.
- Cut it back when getting untidy.
- Full sun.
- Good compost activator.
- Leaves have a bitter spicy flavour.
- Young leaves can be used sparingly and with discretion for flavouring.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Leaves and flowers. Whole plant.
- Strong de-worming remedy: expel tape/round/thread worm.
- Carminative, antispasmodic, digestive disorders, stimulant medicine.
- Treat migraine, liver disorders and kidney weakness. Aid gout.
- Stimulates uterus and menstrual bleeding
- External: various skin conditions, relieve sprains, reduce swelling, neuralgia and painful rheumatic parts
- Itching skin – kill scabies, fleas and lice
- Insect Repellent:
- Moth, ant, fly and flea repellent.
- Rub meat with this plant and flies will not sit on it.
- Hang fresh Tansy bunches upside down in the kitchen/ Rub the windowsill and kitchen counter with it to keep flies away.
- Natural disinfectant in the home
- In Finland, it is used as a green dye.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff