BASIL SWEET - RED OSMAN Scientific Name:
Ocimum Basilicum 'Red OsminGet the latest pricelists here
- Small leaved purple basil with deeply toothed margins, pink flowers.
- Full sun. pH5 – 8.
- Pinch out growing tips to encourage bushiness and delay flowering.
- Container or bedding plan
- Delicate aroma - notes of cinnamon followed by cloves and sweet vanilla with hint of anise and mint.
- Tomato dishes, soups, salads, meat, brinjals, beans, peppers, squash dishes and cucumber.
- Chop in cream cheese, with a squeeze of lemon, dips, lentil and pea soup (last 10 minutes).
- Pasta dishes, pizzas, vinegars.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Leaves, flowers and seeds.
- Restorative, warming, aromatic, mildly sedative.
- Effective against bacterial infection and intestinal parasites.
- Lowers fever, help migraine and feverish illnesses like colds and flu.
- Improves poor digestion: relaxes spasms, nausea, abdominal cramps and gastroenteritis.
- Help insomnia low spirits, anxiety and exhaustion.
- Treat acne, insect stings and skin infection.
- Companion plant - repel aphids, mites and tomato horn worms.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information