LAVENDER - FRENCH, ELEGANCE Scientific Name:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Evergreen bushy shrub with linear green leaves and blue cut flowers.
- Half hardy. Full sun. Attract bees and butterflies.
- Flowers are up to 5cm long.
- Will need a light trim after winter.
- Ideal for hedges, lining walkways and mass planting.
- Plant 1½m apart for a hedge.
- Replace every 3-4 years.
- Add sparingly to salad, honey, sugar, biscuits, cakes and scones.
- Decorate dessert and confectionery.
- Instead of Rosemary, add a few twigs off lavender to chicken and roast lamb.
- Add flower buds to honey, scones etc
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Leaves and flowering spikes.
- Pick throughout the growing season.
- Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic.
- Promotes healing of tissue: burns, blisters, sunburn and scald.
- Prevent scarring and soothes pain.
- Antibacterial: skin ailments – eczema.
- Calms children and relaxes adults.
- Eases headache.
- Hair rinse for lice and nits.
- Apply to cuts, scrapes, earache, insect bites and stings.
- Tea with the flowers:
- Treat nervous exhaustion, tension headaches, insomnia, colic and indigestion.
- Weak infusion - to babies for colic, irritability and excitement.
- Burn lavender stalks/flowers to disinfect/deodorize/perfume the room – it has a calming and soothing effect.
- Insect repellent:
- It is a good mosquito, midge, and fly repellent.
- Rub lavender onto kitchen counters to discourage flies.
- Sprinkle a few drops of oil on bed linen to repel mosquitoes.
- Place cachets of dried flowers and leaves with clothes to deter moths.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information