LAVENDER - ABRIALI, GIANT LAVENDER Scientific Name:
Lavendula x abriali Get the latest pricelists here
- Bush with broad gray leaves, often scallop-edged towards the apex, 1,5m High.
- Medium long flowering stems with whorls of purple flowers close to each other for the first 12cm.
- Strong camphoraceous aroma.
- Half hardy.
- Full sun.
- Drought tolerant.
- Can be grown in a hedge.
- Lightly prune at the end of winter.
- Attract bees and butterflies.
- Add flower buds sparingly to salads for added colour and taste.
- Instead of Rosemary, add a few twigs off lavender when preparing chicken.
- Flowers can be crystallized to decorate dessert and confectionery.
- Add flower buds to honey, scones et
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Pick throughout the growing season.
- Lavender is a calming herb.
- Tea with the flowers: Will treat nervous exhaustion, tension headaches, during labour, colic and indigestion.
- A weak infusion ( 25% of normal strength) can be given to babies for colic, irritability and excitement.
- It will help you sleep.
- Burn lavender stalks/flowers to disinfect/deodorize/perfume the room – it has a calming and soothing effect.
- Insect repellent:
- It is a good mosquito, midge, and fly repellent. Rub lavender onto kitchen counters to discourage flies.
- Sprinkle a few drops of oil on bed linen to repel mosquitoes.
- Place sachets of dried flowers and leaves with clothes to deter moths.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information