SAGE - RUSSIAN Scientific Name:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Perennial herb, silver foliage and steel-blue flower spikes.
- Flowers are hermaphrodite.
- Dormant in winter.
- Drought tolerant
- Full sun.
- Prune back in spring.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Flowers have a sweet flavor – add to salads or use as a garnish
- Febrifuge (koorsafdrywend).
- Cooling medicine to treat fevers.
- Insect repellent:
- Repel aphid and white fly – combine with other insect-repelling herbs like rue, khakibos, basil, rosemary and lavender.
- Repel fleas, ticks, ants and weevils when put in animal's bedding straw
- Companion planting:
- Plant next to squash, potatoes, sousou, melons, lemon trees, calabashes and lavender
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff