TANSY - FERNLEAF Scientific Name:
Tanacetum vulgare var. crispumGet the latest pricelists here
- Bright green finely cut feathery leaves – aromatic scent when touched.
- Yellow button like flowers
- Full sun / partial shade.
- Drought tolerant
- Prune back when it gets untidy
- Less invasive than Tansy
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Leaves have a bitter spicy flavour.
- Young leaves can be used sparingly and with discretion for flavouring.
- Strong de-worming remedy: expel tape/round/thread worm.
- Carminative, antispasmodic, digestive disorders, stimulant medicine.
- Treat migraine, liver disorders and kidney weakness.
- Aid gout.
- Stimulates uterus and menstrual bleeding
- External: wash for various skin conditions, relieve sprains, reduce swelling, neuralgia and painful rheumatic parts
- Itching skin – kill scabies, fleas and lice
- Fly and flea repellent:
- Rub on counter and windowsill – keep away flies.
- Deter pet fleas – rub fresh leaves into pet's coat.
- Dried leaves and flowers repel ants and mice.
- Other: Natural disinfectant in the home
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff