GARLIC - WILD, Wilde knoffel (Afr), Isihaqa (Zu) Scientific Name:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Clump-forming bulbous perennial
- Fragrant lilac-pink flowers
- Frost hardy.
- Full sun.
- Drought resistant
- Edging or in containers
- Smells like garlic or onions
- Use leaves and flowers like chives
- Use bulbs like spring onions
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Whole plant: leaves flowers bulb
- An antiseptic, expectorant herb.
- Use leaves and bulb
- Internally: Colds, coughs, flu, asthma, tuberculosis, fevers and cancer of the oesophagus (slukderm)
- Externally: bath / wash for rheumatism, paralysis, feverish illnesses
- Enema for digestive problems
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff