SWEET FLAG - LIQUORICE, Japanese sweet flag Scientific Name:
Acorus gramineus 'Licorice'Get the latest pricelists here
- Evergreen perennial - branched rhizomes, glossy linear leaves.
- Full sun
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Liquorice taste and smell.
- Known as 'Sekisho' in Japan - rhizomes roasted or stir-fried.
- Flavour rice with the leaves
- Antibacterial tonic herb
- Rhizomes stimulate digestive system.
- Indigestion, flatulence, stomach cramps, chronic dysentery
- Emetic, antispasmodic, anthelmintic
- Asthma - clears bronchial passages
- Strengthening effect on nervous system
- Chinese medicine
- Mentioned in the Old Testament
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff