THISTLE - MILK Scientific Name:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- White marbled leaves up to 60cm long.
- 1,5m high.
- Full sun.
- Self-seeds readily
- Harvest young leaves, buds and roots when tender and use fresh
- Boil flower heads like artichoke
- Cook leaves like spinach
- Peel roots and stalks and stir fry
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Roots, seeds, leaves, flowers
- Liver protector – help against gall bladder disease, cirrhoses, infections, hepatitis, jaundice, poison and drug and alcohol abuse
- Counters ingestion of toxic substances like paraffin
- Silymarin – stimulates liver repair
- Scavenges free radicals – prevent toxins from entering liver cells
- Milk thistle therapy resulted in decline of fatal mushroom poisoning
- Minimize side effects of cancer therapy
- Bitter digestive and diuretic tonic herb
- Stimulates bile flow, increases milk flow production, relaxes spasms
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information