GINKGO BILOBA, MAIDENHAIR TREE Scientific Name:
Ginkgo biloba Get the latest pricelists here
- Oldest tree on the planet
- Erect slow-growing deciduous tree – grow up to 35m.
- Male and female trees.
- Full sun.
- Seed nuts are edible.
- Can be roasted as a snack, canned or dried - use in soups, stir fries and stews
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Pick leaves in autumn and dry.
- Ripe fruit
- Leaves: help irregular heartbeat
- Anti-oxidant, anti-spasmodic, astringent
- Circulation stimulant and tonic
- Improve memory, reduce possibility of a stroke
- Preventative for Alzheimer, Senile Dimentia and Raynaud's disease
- Anti-inflammatory – help multiple sclerosis
- Anti-allergenic – control allergic inflammatory responses
- Seed is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information