ANGELICA Scientific Name:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Biennial - up to 2m.
- Rigid, upright hollow stems, large bright green leaves, small green flowers, anise seed scented in 2nd season.
- Hardy monocarpic – dies after setting seed.
- Prefers damp sites near running water
- Leaves chopped in salads, soups, stir fries.
- Seeds are used Moroccan cooking
- Stems candied as a cake decoration or cooked like rhubarb with stewed fruit
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Leaves, stems and seeds in summer.
- Roots in late autumn of 2nd year
- Antibacterial and anti-fungal
- Relieves digestion, gas and colic
- Poor circulation, improves blood flow to peripheral parts. Buerger's disease
- Roots: uterine stimulant, warm tonic, anti-inflammatory.
- Treat arthritis, anemia, respiratory conditions – bronchitis, chest conditions and headache
- Leaves – reduces tension and calms nerves
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff