VEGETABLE - ARTICHOKE, JERUSALEM Scientific Name:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Family of the sunflower – grow up to 3m
- Perennial with sand-papery leaves
- Yellow flowers and edible knobby tubers
- Full sun to partial shade
- Easy to grow in any soil
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Sweet nutty taste like Brazil nuts
- Salads – snack for dieters
- Similar to potatoes when boiled and mashed.
- Use like potatoes in recipes – roast, bake, French fries, soups, pickled
- Does not contain starch.
- Contain inulin – type of fructose, a natural sugar.
- Inulin taste tastes sweet and satisfied like starch, but is not digested - average less than 120 calories per cup
- Can be tolerated by diabetics
- Use tubers to fatten cattle, sheep and pigs
- Stems and leaves are rich in fat, protein and pectin – make good forage and silage
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff