FRUIT - PASSION FLOWER, GRANADILLA Scientific Name:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Woody perennial creeper vine - climbs with the aid of coiled tendrils.
- Hairless lobed leaves and solitary open white and violet flowers.
- Fruit is a many-seeded berry with delicioud juicy fruit pulp.
- Full sun.
- Frost tender.
- Replace every 4-5 years.
- Water twice weekly.
- Need fence or support to grow on.
- The ripe fruit are eaten fresh, can be added to drinks and made into jams, jellies and tarts.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Fruit, leaves and flowers - Fresh or dried.
- The aerial parts are gathered when flowering or in fruit.
- Contain cerotonin – main chemical messenger in the brain
- Remedy for short bouts of nervous insomnia, disturbed sleep patterns
- Non-addictive herbal tranquilizer – comparable to Valerian
- Reduce anxiety, fear, panic attacks
- Treat asthma, palpitations, high blood pressure, muscle cramps
- Hyperactivity and restlessness in children– help reduce the over activity responsible for this disorder
- Painkilling properties – head ache, ear ache, period pain
- Ease tremors – Parkinson's disease
- Relieve vertigo and dizziness of Menieres disease
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff