CHICKWEED Scientific Name:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Annual with a slender taproot and tiny white, star-shaped flowers.
- Frost hardy
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Add sprigs to salads.
- Cook as a vegetable.
- Liquidize with other herbs and vegetables as a tonic juice
- Soothing, cooling, saline (souterige) herb
- Important skin herb – help where all other remedies failed
- Relieves severe itchiness, promotes healing.
- Externally: poultice/juice/ointment/cream – help itching, eczema, psoriases, vaginitis,
- urticaria (galbulte) ulcers, boils, abscesses and varicose veins
- Anti-rheumatic – reduce inflammation in rheumatic joints and encourage tissue repair
- Internally: help rheumatism and chest infection
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information