BASIL SWEET - SACRED, TULSI Scientific Name:
Ocimum tenuiflorum syn. Ocimum sanctumGet the latest pricelists here
- Small shrub, purplish stems, olive/purple leaves with serrated edges, purple/pink flowers.
- Pinch out flowering shoots regularly
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Leaves have a spicy aroma – add fresh to salads, fruit dishes, jellies, preserves, sweet breads.
- Use in Thai cooking, stir fry, hot peppers, chicken, pork, beef.
- Ingredient of Ethiopian spice mixtures.
- Soak seed in water – cooling drink.
- Preserving: paint both sides (leaves) with olive oil – freeze/ store in olive oil with salt/ dry-pack with salt.
- Antiseptic – clears bacterial infections
- Lowers blood pressure and blood sugar levels. Help low libido and negativity
- Digestive system – relaxes cramps, spasms
- Nervous system – tonic for stress.
- Respiratory system – asthma, sinus, flu
- Immune system – rheumatism, arthritis
- Externally: Skin infection, mouth ulcers, stings and bites
- Good companion plant – repel flying insects – keep tomatoes pest free
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information