BORAGE - WHITE Scientific Name:
Borago officinales "Alba"Get the latest pricelists here
- White star shaped flowers.
- Half hardy.
- Full sun.
- Good companion plant - attract bees to the garden.
- Plant near strawberries.
- Cucumber flavored leaves - use in salads, yogurt, soft cheese, sandwiches.
- Cook as spinach or with spinach.
- Freeze flowers in ice cubes - Flavor cold drinks.
- Crystallize for cake decoration
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Leaves, flowers, seeds, oil
- Use the same way than blue borage
- Rich in minerals – use in a salt-free diet
- Mild sedative and antidepressant
- Soothes damaged / irritated tissues
- Increases perspiration – help fevers, bronchial infections, pleurishy, tuberculosis, cirrhoses, chronic pephritis.
- Poultice - Apply juice to ringworm, soothe inflammation and bruises
- Seeds – rich source of gamma-linolenic acid
- Oil – regulates hormonal system, lowers blood pressure
- Externally: eyewash, gargle and mouth wash
- Add to a face pack for dry sensitive skin
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information