FRUIT - TREE TOMATO, TAMARILLO - ORANGE Scientific Name:
Cyphomandra betacea sendtSeeds:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Fast-growing, shallow rooted brittle tree, evergreen, heart shaped leaves, egg shaped orange fruit.
- Need well-drained soil.
- Protect against strong winds.
- Frost tender.
- Drought tolerant.
- Prune annually.
- Bears Fruit from 1½ to 2 years.
- Does not ripen simultaneously.
- Flavor of a mild or under-ripe tomato.
- Sprinkle with sugar/ season and grill.
- Add to soups/ stews/ salad/ serve with vanilla ice cream/ with cream cheese as sandwich spread/
- salt and pepper as sandwich filling/ with onions as stuffing for roast/ with apple in pies/
- with milk, sugar and gelatin for tarts/can be frozen/ made into chutney and jelly/
- sauce for ice cream.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Fruit- when picked, leave 12,5 cm of stem attached.
- Contains phosphorus, calcium, potassium, nitrogen, iron,
- beta-carotene, vitamin A, B6, C, E and carbohydrate.
- Improve immune system and circulatory.
- Treat obesity - low in calories.
- Relieves stress - help to cure migraine and severe headaches.
- Use for colds, sore throat, high blood pressure, liver disease.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff