BULBINE - NATALENSIS, Ibhucu (Zu), Rooiwortel (Afr) Scientific Name:
Bulbine natalensisGet the latest pricelists here
- Frost tender evergreen perennial, broad sharp pointed fleshy yellow-green leaves.
- Clusters of star-shaped yellow flowers on long thin flowering stems.
- Drought resistant.
- Full sun/ semi shade
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Fresh root, leaves and leaf sap
- First-aid remedy – treat stings, mosquito bites, blisters, cold sores, mouth ulcers, cracked lips, -finger tips and -heels,
- burns, sunburn, cuts, bruises, dries out acne, wounds, rashes, itches, ringworm, herpes, fever blisters and sores, itching.
- Leaf gel aids healing of post-operative scars.
- Roots – help to quell vomiting, diarrhea
- Treat convulsions, venereal diseases, diabetes, rheumatism, urinary complaints and blood disorders
- Treat rashes or eczema on animals
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information