BERRY - ELDERBERRY, GOLDEN Scientific Name:
Sambucus nigra “Aurea”Get the latest pricelists here
- Deciduous bushy shrub, serrated bright, yellow-green leaves - become lime-green in summer.
- Fragrant star-shaped cream-white flowers, black fruits.
- Well-drained soil.
- Full sun/partial shade.
- Do not prune too hard if flowers and fruit are required.
- Flowers - coated with thin batter, deep fried.
- Berries – jams, jelly, salad, pies, pudding.
- Elderberry wine from flowers.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Leaves, bark, open flower heads and ripe berries.
- 'Natures Medicine Chest'.
- Immune stimulant: coughs, colds, flu, chronic catarrh, ear infections, allergies.
- Promotes perspiration that helps reduce fever.
- Flowers tone mucous linings of the nose and throat.
- Infusion of flowers taken before the hay fever season, reduce allergy symptoms.
- Berries rich in vitamin C.
- Bark: Liver stimulant, stubborn constipation and arthritic conditions.
- Strongly purgative - do not use bark in during pregnancy.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff