PINKS, CHINESE PINK, Grasangeliere (Afr) Scientific Name:
Dianthus shinensisGet the latest pricelists here
- Bushy slow-growing annual with light green pointed leaves.
- Bears red, pink or white flowers, spotted and patterned with blue stamens.
- Fully hardy. Full sun.
- Flower petals are edible.
- Before eating petals they must be removed individually from the flower.
- Each petal has a white heal – it must be removed as it is very bitter.
- Add petals to salads, sandwiches, fruit pies, soups, sauces, cordials and wine.
- Flavor jams, sugars and syrups.
- Flowers can be crystallized.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Whole plant.
- Pick flowers just as they open.
- Bitter tonic.
- Diuretic herb that stimulates the digestive and urinary systems and bowels.
- Lowers blood pressure, relieves fever and controls bacterial infections.
- Treat acute urinary tract infection, urinary stones, constipation and failure to menstruate.
- Excellent nerve tonic can be made from the flower petals.
- Wash and poultice for skin inflammation, swelling and eczema.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information