YARROW - PURPLE-RED Scientific Name:
Achillea millefolium var. 'Sammertriese'Seeds:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Perennial, tough stems, feathery leaves and purple-red flowers.
- Cut back after flowering.
- Attract beneficial insects.
- Full sun.
- Draught tolerant.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Fresh young leaves in salad
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-arthritic, anti-pyretic (koorsbrekend), diuretic, anti-inflammatory, astringent.
- Blood vessel tonic – relax peripheral blood vessels.
- Lowers high blood pressure.
- Cardiovascular complaints - help circulatory.
- Protect against thrombosis after stroke/ heart-attack.
- Restorative – menstrual and urinary system.
- Upper respiratory, catarrh, colds, flu, asthma, hypertension.
- Minor dyspeptic complaints, diarrhea.
- Treat pelvic autonomic dysfunction – uterine stimulant
- Stop nose bleed, put on cuts/wounds to stop bleeding.
- Wash - eczema
- Eye wash / compress – sty and pink eyes
- Compost accelerator and copper fertilizer – treat fungi and mildew
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff