SAGE, ORNAMENTAL - MEALY BLUE Scientific Name:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Bushy, evergreen ornamental shrub growing up to 1m.
- Dark green leaves, whorls of deep blue-purple flowers in summer.
- Is named for the mealy-white appearance of the sepals, which are covered with felted hairs.
- When new basal foliage appears, cut the old flowering stems to keep the plant lush.
- Full sun / afternoon shade.
- Can be cut back in spring.
- Drought tolerant once established.
- Wet soil makes the plant leggy and weak – need to
- be kept fairly dry in winter.
- Attract butterflies and hummingbirds.
- Replace every 4 – 7 years.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information