SORREL - RED-VEINED, BLOODY DOCK Scientific Name:
Rumex sanguineumGet the latest pricelists here
- Tap rooted perennial.
- Rosette forming plant with a basal clump of sword shaped leaves that are veined in deep striking red.
- Tiny, star-shaped flowers in summer followed by reddish brown fruit.
- Remove flower stalks to prevent self-seeding and to promote bushy leaf growth.
- Cut back in spring to promote new growth.
- Prefer moist soil and full sun.
- Foliage plant.
- Alternative to grasses.
- Can grow as an aquatic.
- Can plant in a container.
- Young leaves are edible and taste like spinach or chard.
- Add an interesting color to salad.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff