JOB'S TEARS Scientific Name:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Upright annual grass, linear leaves, arching inflorescences, separate male and female spikelets in summer.
- Female flowers enclosed in a hard tear shaped husk – green at first, turning pearl gray when ripe.
- Male flowers borne in clusters at the end of the flower spikes.
- Full sun.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Hull seeds, boil like rice or grind as flour.
- Add grains to soups and desserts, or brew into a beer.
- Tea with the seeds.
- Sweet cooling herb.
- Reduces inflammation, lowers fever, relieves pain and spasms.
- Controls bacterial and fungal infections.
- Spleen tonic.
- Internally for rheumatoid arthritis, urinary problems, diarrhea associated with spleen weakness, lung abscesses.
- Liquor from fermented seeds for rheumatic pain.
- Large doses lower blood sugar levels.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff