BASIL - CAMPHOR, FEVER PLANT Scientific Name:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Strong camphor odor.
- Perennial woody shrub, grows up to 1,2m.
- Ovate leaves, bears creamy white flowers.
- Full sun, well drained soil.
- Frost tender, but will grow out again in spring.
- Can take heavy pruning.
- Very stately plant in the herb garden.
- Can also grow in a big container.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Too strong a flavor for culinary use.
- Internally for malaria and other feverish infections.
- Stomach aches.
- Leaves and seeds: repel insects, especially mosquitoes.
- Leaves - in sachets to protect woolens.
- Commercial source of camphor.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff