VALERIAN - RED, JUPITER'S BEARD Scientific Name:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Hardy evergreen perennial that forms an upright, bushy mound of light green leaves, bearing rounded heads of fragrant, cherry-red flowers all summer.
- The scented flowers are hermaphrodite (have both male and female organs) and are pollinated by bees and butterflies.
- Can tolerate seaside conditions and high humidity.
- Grows in acid, neutral and basic alkaline soils – is able to tolerate very alkaline soil.
- Carefree, drought tolerant and pest resistant plant.
- Needs full sun to partly shade.
- Suitable for planting in a shrub border/ along a wall or stony bank/ between paving stones.
- Cut back foliage in early spring before new growth emerges.
- Deadhead regularly to encourage new flowers.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Young leaves can be added sparingly to salads or cooked as greens.
- Not the medicinal Valerian.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information