THYME - DRUCEI Scientific Name:
Thymus druceiGet the latest pricelists here
- Evergreen hardy, low growing mat-forming perennial herb with small green leaves.
- Decorative, aromatic and a good ground cover.
- Likes well-drained poor soil and full sun.
- Drought tolerant.
- Can plant in paths, patios, in a container or between stepping stones.
- Trim all thymes after flowering to promote new growth and to stop the plant from becoming woody and sprawling in the wrong direction.
- In winter – only water when leaves lose too much color.
- Feed occasionally in summer months.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Use in stocks, marinades, stews, and with onions to make a stuffing for chicken.
- Strong antiseptic and preservative properties.
- Use as a gargle/mouthwash – sore throat and infected gums.
- Good for hangovers.
- Aids indigestion and helps break down fatty foods.
- For coughs, colds and poor circulation.
- Use in baths and as a facial steam.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff