CHINESE THOROUGHWAX, Sickle-leaved Hare's Ear Scientific Name:
Bupleurum falcatumGet the latest pricelists here
- Asian plant that is a member of the parsley family.
- Slender perennial with hollow stems, obovate basal leaves and narrow stem leaves.
- Grows up to 1m. and bears umbels of tiny yellow flowers from summer to autumn.
- The flowers are hermaphrodite (have both male and female organs).
- Needs well-drained soil and full sun to partly shade.
- New growth (leaves and young shoots) can be picked and cooked in spring and autumn - it is a good source of rutin.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Leaves and roots.
- The roots are harvested in autumn and can be used fresh or dried.
- One the most essential herbs used in the practice of Oriental medicine - has been taken in China for over 2,000 years as a liver tonic.
- They believe Bupleurum can treat "disharmony" between the liver and the spleen, a condition that manifests itself in problems of the digestive system such as abdominal pain, bloating, nausea and indigestion.
- Scientific studies have shown it strengthens the immune system and improves liver function - treat hepatitis, asthma, epilepsy, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and liver cirrhosis.
- Can also prevent some liver diseases from becoming liver cancer. Due to its antimicrobial and detoxifying qualities, Bupleurum Falcatum is able to effectively eliminate stagnation in any part of the body when it's used with other herbs.
- Treat hemorrhoids and prolapsed tissues in the pelvis or uterus.
- Reduces fever when accompanied by irritability (emotional instability), vomiting, abdominal pain, dizziness and vertigo, menstrual pain, hemorrhoids, herpes, fever and malaria.
- A paste of the plant is applied to boils.
- Bupleurum Falcatum extract can be found in today's most advanced anti-cellulite creams.
- To get rid of cellulite, Bupleurum Falcatum lipolysis (the process of breaking down stored fat) and heightens Cylic AMP levels (an enzyme that's instrumental in breaking down fat).
- Do not use Bupleurum if you are pregnant, nursing, or have any other health problems, such as high blood pressure or heart or blood vessel disease.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information