CHILLI - HABANERO, WHITE Scientific Name:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Tender shrub with branched stems and simple ovate-lanceolate leaves.
- White to green flowers appear in spring to summer.
- Bears pod type, lantern-shaped white fruit that are pendulous.
- Needs well-drained soil and good morning sun.
- Do not over-water - swamped roots will produce bitter-tasting peppers.
- Add eggshells to the soil to increase the calcium content, to stimulate good growth and to repel snails and slugs.
- Coffee grounds are useful for increasing the nitrogen levels, banana peels will add potassium, and fish parts will add phosphorous.
- One of the hottest peppers known to man - scores 410,000 Scoville units.
- Use SPARINGLY fresh/dried, ripe/unripe as vegetables (cooked/uncooked) and stuffed.
- Add to curries, pickles and chutneys.
- Use in sauces, sauté meats and shellfish with olive oil and will add spice to a baked dish.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Ventilate the kitchen when preparing chillies.
- Wear rubber gloves to handle them and avoid touching your eyes or other sensitive areas after handling - can cause irritation to the skin.
- Excellent source of vitamins A and C.
- Contains a chemical known as capsaicin that has a tonic and antiseptic effect.
- Triggers endorphins, improves digestion, lowers triglycerides, improves circulation, improves fat oxidation, decreases congestion, lowers cholesterol levels, reduces high blood pressure, prevents blood clots and heart disease and protects against some kinds of cancers.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information