BASIL SWEET - THAI Scientific Name:
Ocimum basilicum 'Siam Queen'Seeds:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Annual with large, lush green leaves, square purple stems and deep purple flowers.
- Has a spicy aroma that is a cross between cinnamon and aniseed basil.
- Full sun and pH5 – 8.
- Pinch out growing tips to encourage bushiness and delay flowering.
- Container or bedding plant.
- Very spicy flavor.
- Excellent in thai cooking, tomato dishes, meat and brinjals.
- Superb with potato and onion stir fry.
- Add leaves and flowers to salad.
- Flavor pasta sauces (notably pesto), vegetables (especially beans, peppers) and soups.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Leaves, flowers and seeds.
- Pick throughout the growing season.
- Restorative, warming and aromatic herb with mildly sedative action.
- Effective against bacterial infection and intestinal parasites.
- Lowers fever, helps migraine and feverish illnesses like colds and flu.
- Improves poor digestion: relaxes spasms, nausea, abdominal cramps and gastroenteritis.
- Helps insomnia, low spirits, anxiety and exhaustion.
- Treat acne, insect stings and skin infection.
- Strong flavor.
- Use in companion planting to deter white fly.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information