PETS - CATNIP, LEMON SCENTED Scientific Name:
Nepeta cataria var. citriodora Seeds:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Sprawling hardy perennial with green leaves.
- Bears fragrant white flowers throughout the growing season.
- Has a mild lemon aroma.
- Drought tolerant once established.
- Needs sun or light shade and pH 4.9 to 7.5.
- Cut back in spring.
- Good ground cover – useful as a filler or edging. Ideal for hanging baskets.
- Gives a soft appearance when planted around the edges of pots
- Excellent honey plant, providing nectar for honeybees and other bees.
- Has an intoxicating effect on domestic cats - 80% of cats are known to eat the leaves.
- Tendency to like/ignore catmint/catnip is inherited and some cats are immune to it.
- Dry the leaves and put it in a sachet for them to use as a toy.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff