ORIGANUM - COMMON Scientific Name:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Hardy perennial
- Frost hardy
- Full sun – well drained soil
- Attract bees and butterflies
- Good companion plant for vegetables
- Grows well in a container
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Combines well with tomato dishes, salads, pasta, meat (especially lamb) and fish
- High Thymol content. Tonic.
- Respiratory problems, headaches, catarrh, cold, flu, nasal congestion, Bronchitis, asthma, coughs, sore throat and tonsillitis
- Antibacterial and anti-fungal
- Help to settle flatulence, indigestion and gastric upsets
- Stimulates flow of bile
- Add leaves to baths and poultices
- One of the best antiseptics.
- Chew leaves for toothache, mouth hygiene, wounds, itching skin
- Calming properties, nerves
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff