SAGE - WOOD, GERMANDER SAGE Scientific Name:
Teucrium scorodonia "Crispum Marginatum"Seeds:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Small hardy shrubby perennial with square stems and oblong greyish-green leaves with attractive crinkled edges – the edges are raised, ruffled and crimped with touches of white on their rims.
- It bears small labiates pale green flowers in summer and can grow up to 35cm.
- Need well-drained soil in full sun or shade.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Whole plant.
- Can be harvested and dried for later use.
- Was traditionally used for palsy, quinsy, sore throat, colds, fevers, kidney and bladder troubles and to increases urine and menstrual flow.
- Today it is an alterative, astringent, carminative, slightly diaphoretic, diuretic, tonic and vulnerary.
- It is said to treat diseases of the blood, fevers, colds, stomach and intestine problems, tuberculosis, airway swelling, bronchitis, throat spasms, high blood pressure, wound healing, and liver problems.
- It is an appetizer and is equal to gentian root as a tonic.
- Makes a good external wash to cleanse old sores, indolent ulcers, swellings, and boils in combination with chickweed.
- Combined with comfrey and ragwort in the form of a poultice, it had been traditionally used for cancer and tumours.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information