MYRTLE - VARIEGATED Scientific Name:
Myrtus communis 'Variegata'Get the latest pricelists here
- Hardy, erect, evergreen shrub with variegated gray-green and creamy white leaves which have a juniper-like aroma when crushed.
- Bears fragrant white flowers with golden stamens in summer, followed by blue-black berries.
- Can grow up to 3m.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Add a Mediterranean flavour to barbecued food - lamb, pork, stews, soup, marinades, poultry casseroles.
- Berries - pepper substitute.
- Roast vegetables.
- Expectorant, astringent, chest infections, congestion, sinusitis.
- Urinary tract disinfectant.
- Clean and heal wounds and ulcers.
- Remedy digestive disorders.
- Ease cramps and aching legs.
- Hair rinse - promote growth and shine of dark hair.
- Add sprigs to bath water.
- Insect repellent:
- Aphids, white fly and red spider
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information