CONEFLOWER - RED RUBY Scientific Name:
Echinacea purpurea 'Red Ruby'Get the latest pricelists here
- Hardy rhizomatous perennial, hairy, ovate-lanceolate leaves.
- Bears daisy-like flowers with a central spiky cone that becomes more pointed as the plant matures.
- Full sun and drought tolerant.
- Plant dies down in winter.
- Can plant in a container.
- Cover with compost in spring and soak well.
- Sprinkle petals in salads and put in summer drinks.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Roots, rhizomes and aboveground parts.
- Natural antibiotic, boost immune system.
- Anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory and detoxifying.
- Treat Aids and other diseases affecting the auto-immune system.
- Boils, septicaemia, cancer, syphilis, eczema, ear infections, infections of the respiratory and urinary tract, cold sores, blisters (Herpes simplex virus).
- Decoction - treat minor wounds, burns, boils, ulcers, skin inflammations and as a gargle for throat infections.
- Dilute echinacea vinegar as a gargle and mouthwash for sore gums.
- Add a dash of echinacea vinegar to the rinsing water after washing the face, to treat acne, oily skin, rashes and spots.
- Dab onto insect bites.
- Organic fertiliser:
- Combine with comfrey to prepare a good foliar feed.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information