CELERY, RED VENTURE Scientific Name:
Apium graveolensGet the latest pricelists here
- Hardy robust, red stemmed celery complemented by bright green leaves producing tender, succulent stalks with real celery flavor.
- Needs full sun, well-drained soil, regular watering and pH of 6.5 to 7.5.
- Lime acid soils before planting.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Celery seeds can be used as flavoring or spice, either as whole seeds or ground and mixed with salt, called celery salt.
- Celery salt is used as a seasoning on food and in cocktails - will enhance the flavor of Bloody Mary cocktails.
- Leaves can be eaten raw but have a very strong flavor – use sparingly.
- Celery is used in cuisine, sauces and soups.
- Celery seed is used as a "blood purifier" and to reduce the degeneration of body joints that commonly occurs with age - can also ease joint discomfort that occurs due to inflammation.
- Used mainly in the treatment of arthritis, rheumatism and gout.
- Urinary Antiseptic - has diuretic properties to help relieve fluid retention, cystitis, bladder and kidney disorders.
- Promotes the elimination of uric acid and also promotes the onset of menstruation.
- Soothes the nerves, relieves pain and consuming celery seed in food will aid in the digestion of protein.
- Celery seed is a great source of calcium and is regarded as a good alternative to animal products.
- Reduces blood pressure
- Celery is used in weight-loss diets to provide low-calorie dietary fiber bulk.
- Insect repellent - repels the cabbage white butterfly - good companion for brassicas.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information