PETS - CAT GRASS, COUCH GRASS Scientific Name:
Elytrigia repensGet the latest pricelists here
- Cat Grass or Couch Grass is native to North America, tropical Africa and Australia.
- Cat Grass is a perennial, creeping or erect mat-forming grass with smooth, hollow stems that produces green flowers in summer.
- It will grow on a wide range of soils - from sandy to heavy clay soils.
- To enhance new growth it can regularly be pruned to the ground – will do well in pots.
For Animals. It is said that:
- The whole plant - foliage and roots.
- Cat grass or Couch grass has been used in herbal medicine since the Classical Greek period.
- Medicine for domestic cats and dogs – they will dig up and eat the roots.
- The roots are aperient, demulcent, diuretic, emollient, tonic and a worm expellant.
- Spring tonic and blood purifier.
- The foliage is an important forage grass for many grazing animals.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff