SALAD BURNET Scientific Name:
To order please contact usGet the latest pricelists here
- Erect clump forming perennial, bright green pinnate leaves divided into toothed leaflets.
- Tiny green flowers with maroon stamens.
- Partial shade / full sun.
- Cut back after flowering.
- Good container plant.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Leaves taste and smell like cucumber.
- Add young leaves to salads, sandwiches, spreads, herb butters and soft cheese.
- Garnish/flavor vinegar and fruit drinks.
- Use in mild soups like mushroom and chicken.
- Add to sauces for fish and salad dressings.
- Chop and sprinkle over freshly steamed vegetables.
- Blends well with rosemary and tarragon.
- Herb tea with a cucumber fragrance.
- Beauty care
- Tea with the leaves – apply as a skin tonic
- Add a handful of leaves to the bath
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff
We might be out of stock for this specific plant. Please contact us
for more information