SORREL - COMMON Scientific Name:
Rumex acetosaGet the latest pricelists here
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Lemon taste
- Tenderize meat - Wrap around steak or add pounded to marinade.
- Substitute vine leaves.
- Soups, salads.
- Sandwich filling: meat, vegetable, cottage cheese
- Sauce for oily fish - acidity will counter-acts richness of the fish
- High in potassium, oxalic acid and vitamin C
- Diuretic and laxative
- Skin disorders, insect bites and beestings
- Anthelmintic - expel worms
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff