VIOLET - SWEET Scientific Name:
Viola odorataGet the latest pricelists here
- Small semi-evergreen perennial.
- Tufts of ovate to heart-shaped leaves.
- Dainty dark purple, sweetly scented flowers from late winter to spring.
- Full sun or semi shade.
- Fully hardy.
- Edible flowers – add to salads, vinegar, ices, syrups, pudding and jellies.
- Candy for decoration.
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Whole plant. Leaves, flowers and root.
- Rich in vitamin C and A.
- Cleanses toxins.
- Anti-cancer – cancer of breast, stomach, lungs and digestive tract.
- Treat arthritis.
- Expectorant: respiratory ailments – congestion, coughing and sore throat.
- Natural aspirin – help headaches, body pains, is a sedative.
- Antiseptic – gargle for mouth / throat infection.
- Tea with dried root is a laxative.
- Tea with whole plant treat digestive disorders.
- Poultice reduce swelling, skin infection, inflammation, hemorrhoids, skin cancer and growths.
- Wash for eczema and rashes.
- Bath additive.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff