TOADFLAX Scientific Name:
Linaria vulgarisGet the latest pricelists here
Medicinal Uses. It is said that:
- Highly ornamental.
- Slender upright perennial with linear leaves, yellow snapdragon-like flowers marked orange at the mouth and with a long spur.
- Flowers summer to autumn.
- Full sun.
- Astringent, hepatic and detergent - cleanses toxins from the tissue.
- Powerful qualities as a purgative, diuretic, enteritis, gall bladder complaints, edema - recommended in jaundice and scrofula (kliertuberkulose).
- For use only by qualified practitioners – dosage is critical.
- Skin diseases.
- Poultice to hemorrhoids.
- Cooling ointment – chop the whole herb and boil it in lard till soft, and strain.
- The result is a fine green ointment for piles, sores, malignant ulcers and skin eruptions.
- Used in the Middle Ages for laundry starch.
- In Sweden - excellent fly poison when boiled in milk.
- Stand the infusion about where flies are troublesome.
- The flowers yield dyes.
New! We also have several herbal products available including tinctures and dried herbs!
|The information contained within this website is for educational purposes only. This site merely recounts the traditional uses of specific plants as recorded through history. Always seek advice from a medical practitioner.|
Mountain Herb Estate, and its representatives will not be held responsible for the improper use of any plants or documentation provided. By use of this site and the information contained herein you agree to hold harmless Mountain Herb Estate, its affiliates and staff